Sunday, September 29, 2013

Where did the summer go?

Ack!

I have been so lazy about posting this summer.

And now the season is officially gone - I feel like I've blinked my eyes, and suddenly it's Autumn!
Oh, well. I figure at least I'll put up a few of my favorite photos from the summer that got away...


Definitely a major highlight was getting to see Bjork at the Hollywood Palladium in June.
We were front row!
I've seen Bjork a few times, but to be this close was unbelievable.






I tried not to take many photos out of respect, as there weren't supposed to cameras at all! So I just snapped a couple to remember the night. (The first pic actually belongs to a friend of mine who was next to us.) I really had to grit my teeth not to snap pictures the whole time, but I focused on dancing and enjoying the show.

My friend Sheana snapped this picture of me during the show:


Honestly, that may have been the best concert of my life thus far.



Another highlight of the summer was trekking out to Palm Springs to see the Forever Marilyn sculpture:





Isn't she lovely?
I'm glad I got to see her in Palm Springs before she departs; the mountain backdrop was just gorgeous.

Also fell in love with our Palm Springs hotel choice: The Saguro.

Here is a stolen photo from my friend Niki's Instagram just to give you a peek at our room, and the super cute retro swimming pool:



I'd love to get back there and spend a longer weekend relaxing.

And I'll throw in a few more favorite random photos just for fun...









^I'm in love with Jess' pink hair.

Ah, and Velvet had a friend in from London named Jov:


Being proper friends, we did the tourguide bit and braved the crowds on Hollywood Blvd to give him the touristy Tinseltown experience.

We even ran into Lucille Ball at the Wax Museum...





Ok - I'll stop spamming pictures. Just glad I could save a few drops of summer before plunging ahead into Fall.

Now I can start thinking about that Halloween costume!
xoxo

2 comments: