Sunday, January 27, 2013

Valentine's gift ideas - beyond the chocolates

February 14th is almost here, and I think the holiday is a great excuse to splurge on some amazing gifts. Whether it's gifts for him, gifts for her, or especially little gifts for yourself - Valentine's is for everyone, even if you're not wrapped up in an epic romance at the moment!

(And if you do have a sweetheart, of course it's the perfect time to get something on the more erotic, naughtier side as well...)


Once New Year's is over, I keep my eyes open for inspiration on Valetine's Day gifts. It might be on Melrose Avenue in LA, great websites on-line, or even cute boutiques in the Midwest, but I always come up with plenty of ideas.
The first thing on my list this year? Of course it's from Agent Provocateur.

The luscious Novah set is my top choice for Valentine's lingerie. I love the red/fuchsia combination, seen here on the lovely Mónica Cruz:


Novah also comes in a stunning kimono piece:


The Novah range also comes in solid red only, in addition to this fuchsia and red combination. Perfect color options for the holiday! Even if you're single, when you're wearing lingerie like this beneath your clothes, you can't help but feel divine. I agree with the Valetine's day slogan that Agent Provocateur sometimes has plastered on their boutique windows: "Flowers are whatever, but knickers are forever."

Click here to view all of the Novah collection at the Agent Provocateur website. Or if you would rather find some Valentine's lingerie in a soft pink? Have a look at the new Ariel set, which is made from dusky-pink lace.

* * * *

This next idea I got from one of my girlfriends. She found this little gift for her fiancé:

Found here at the FredFlare website.
Two inter-locking necklaces,what a cute idea!


* * * *


This next gift is really unique. It's an art piece you can have made of you and your sweetie!


Send in a photo you want made into Pop Art here, and customize your own portrait of you and your squeeze.


* * * *

You know I had a few more racy things up my sleeve besides just bras and knickers.

Another gift I'm in love with?
The Coco de Mer Disciplina Silk and Lace Mask

This lace mask acts similar to a blindfold, only your vision is just slightly distorted, adding a touch of mystery... and it's so beautiful to wear as well.

While we're talking about Coco de Mer, I also wouldn't mind picking up this red suede whip to go with my Novah set.


Whips like this are often used as "ticklers" too, to be dragged lightly across the skin. They don't always have to hurt!


* * * *


But I'll move on to gifts that are fun outside of the bedroom. I know not eveyone is in the market for a whip!

I also liked the idea of giving my man this iPod dock.

I know he would use it all the time, and it has such a cool retro look. Plus, with the red color, it keeps things in the Valentine's spirit without being too girly.

* * * *


Last but not least, I'm smitten with these little pillows from BoldLoft.



Aren't they adorable? And you can mix-and-match, a set of two girls, or a set of two boys! What a sweet way to keep it Valentine's in your bed all year long.


;)

Hope you all have fun on Valentine's Day!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment